Thursday 14 March 2013

What subjects should I take at A Levels?

For medicine , usually Chemistry or Biology would be compulsory so I would really suggest that you take both of them to A2 just to be safe and so that your options to almost all medical schools are open!

Personally, I think Math is a really good subject which you can easily score an A in so I would highly recommend taking it ! However , please do note that most universities may consider further maths and maths as one subject !

As for the fourth subject which you may or may not carry on to your A2 year I strongly suggest that you take a subject that you are truly interested in. Some people say that by taking a Humanities subject(like art, geography or history ) it shows that you are an 'all-rounder' . Well, to some extent it is true but personally I think that as long as you are able to justify why you study each subject and how it may contribute/prepare you to be a better medical student/doctor ,it is alright.

Personally , I chose to do physics. To be honest , I only chose it because I felt that it was the easiest to score in. But I felt that it was really tedious because I just had no passion for it so I eventually decided to drop it even though I definitely had the capacity to take it on to A2. So my advice would definitely be to pick a fourth subject you will really enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.