Thursday 14 March 2013

The worries/doubts I had (am still having)

Before sending my UCAS form in, I remember that at some point of time I started questioning if I really am willing to go into medicine.

I was talking to a doctor who had very harshly told me that medicine is not gonna be an easy career path. It is a long and bumpy road and it will definitely take a whole lot of perseverance and determination to make it through. What really made me start doubting if medicine really is what I want is the fact that medicine is not just a career , it is a lifestyle. Once you step into it, you're in it ... Many aspects of your life would end up revolving around it, I know this because when I talk to current medical students it seems that they are all pretty much wrapped up in this 'bubble' of medicine and everything related to it . What scared me the most about this was really , the unknown of the future... As an international I may not be given the same opportunities as people who have even born in the EU, and for me to return to Singapore , I may end up not having a proper post where I would be restricted in my chances of achieving my full potential..

This really truly scared me at that point of time. As a girl , I also had to consider the aspect of having a family so this worried me quite a bit too.

After much thinking , I then slowly started to overcome this fear slowly, a bit at a time, I find myself having to reassure myself that everything will turn out one as long as I just do my best in everything I do .

Even now , I am still pretty much unsure of what to expect , I'm not even sure of which choice I should firm and everything seems like a whirlwind that I would be so easily lost in. But I always try to tell myself that 'whatever will be ,will be'

I hope that everyone out there would be able to find their own reassurance when faced with such uncertainties (: Ganbatte!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.